Thanks Ms. Tuna, and Amanda at Runninghood for the Stylish Blogger Award.
I have been meaning to get to this for a short while, but I was overwhelmed by the part where I pick blogs to award. How would I choose? I couldn't decide. But I here I go....manning up.
Seven things about ME? (I am sorry if you already know these things. I am just not that exciting.)
1. I am allergic to everything. Every tree, grass, mold, and mildew in Texas, roaches, cats, dogs, carrots, bananas, nuts, and latex. (And rubber boots.) I always have Kleenex in every pocket, or in my sleeve, or in the waistband of my pants. I take allergy shots. I also have chronic sinus infections. (But I am now cured of asthma!) I grew up thinking my name was, "Snotdrop". (I am glamorous aren't I?)
2. I have had the same besties since middle school. P$ and Sarge (and Jen..not pictured because she became a hippy and moved to Austin.) Little did P$ know when I borrowed a dime from her in the sixth grade she would be stuck with me for the rest of forever. We went on to be college roommates. I don't have sisters, so I don't know if they are "like" sisters. I imagine they are even better.
3. I am a little on the clumsy side. I constantly trip over things that are not there and I always have inexplicable bruises. I have fallen down the stairs and I am not longer allowed to use the electric hedge trimmer because of the time I sliced my index finger in half and had to drive myself to the ER. I was a gymnast until 8th grade and my parents were baffled as to how I do all that gymnastics, but I wouldn't walk across the living room without injuring myself.
4. I have lost four followers this week. Although I do not lose sleep over this I am curious as to the reason. Did I insult them? Did they join a cult? Did they injure their fingers in a paralyzing farm accident and can no longer blog? Do they hate me?
5. I can shoot a bow (compound) and reload shotgun shells. I cannot crochet or garden- and I give up trying. It isn't that I can't do girly things. I can. I can cook.
6. I was a diver in high school. I wasn't great, but I was good enough. I could some neat dives. Now I try and dive to impress the kids. I splat every time. The kids are rarely impressed. Then I am sore. It seems to take me the first trip to the pool every summer to figure this out.
7. And finally ....Do not judge me. I haven't been to the dentist in over twelve years. I have many reasons, but I am sure none of them are going to pass muster with all you consentious types so I will just not bother. I am not afraid of the dentist. Just using a leave well enough alone attitude since nothing hurts and I spend most of my time trying to cure my allergies and birthing babies. A goal is to go this summer.
Wow. I am not very exciting.
And now to pass this on to some new blogs I have discovered lately. ( I read many awesome blogs, but the directions said NEW....so these are fairly new to me.)
Buried with Children
Life in the Pitts
Run to the Finish
Mom's Home Run
Running on My Time