So many kids, I don't know what to do.



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things

"When the dog bites.............."
I have that song stuck in my head.
Do you know I have never seen the end of The Sound of Music?  I would start watching it when I was growing up and then my dad would come and say, "What is this?"  Then he would change the channel.  He hates musicals.  What happens? Do they all move to the U.S. and try out for American Idol?

I was thinking about this in the middle of the night.  Here are some of my favorite things.
*Looking at the kids while they are asleep.  Shaye still sleeps all curled up like a baby loaf.  The rest of them look like they passed out in mid spaz with their arms stretched out above their heads and their legs draped all over the bed.
*Waking up and realizing it's only 1 am and there are still four more hours of quiet night.  Does anyone else do this?  I usually act like it is a big bonus and then get so excited I can't go back to sleep.
*A hot hot hot bath. For me there is just no point in taking a bath unless I am going to almost turn into Heather soup.
*Cereal.  I pretty much think I could live on cereal.  Frosted Mini Wheats especially.
*A blank notebook.  I have loved a new blank notebook since I was a little girl. Just the thought of filling up all those pages with writing was mezmerizing.
*Currently one of my favorite things is hearing Tayte say, "I am going to be Woody for Christmas!"  He seems to be having some holiday confusion.
*The sound of quiet in my classroom while the students are failing taking their final exams.
*The exact colors of my kids'eyes.  (4 blue, 1 green................Go Green!)
*A fire in the fire place.  (Yes we do have to turn on the AC before we can do the fire.)
*Long socks worn under boots!



I linked up with a hop and cannot get the picture to run.  (Did I tell you my school computer crashed and I lost seven years of lesson plans.  Not one of my favorite things!) I gave up and here is just a link.

HOPS!

9 comments:

  1. You do have Netflix, right? http://www.netflix.com/WiSearch?v1=The%20Sound%20of%20Music&oq=sound%20of%20&ac_posn=1

    Kids asleep = peace and quiet this is why moms love those moments
    Waking up in the middle of the night for me = reading time
    Hot baths are best.
    I still love notebooks. I carry one in my purse all the time. I don't think having iphone for writing thoughts down would be the same.
    So that's why kids take so many tests these days! To give teachers some quiet time. I get it. :)
    Fireplaces and camp fires are mesmerizing.
    OMG, seven years? No backups? Which reminds me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy waking up and realizing theres still more sleepy time. That's a good feeling.

    Costumes for Christmas? He could have a really great idea there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 years of lesson plans? Oh, I would cry!

    I LOVE waking up and realizing that I still have lots of sleep left! And a bath hot enough to make me look like a lobster. I missed those when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the dog bites is one of your favorite things? I'm thinking you need to get out a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They try out for American Idol. It's pretty cool.

    No, but really, The Sound of Music is an excellent movie. You should rent it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woody for Christmas!! that is soooo awesome! I love it! that will make me smile all day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm giggling about Tayte's holiday confusion..that's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the von Trapp story ends really well. Happily ever after. ;) Haha. You really need to see the whole movie - it's so good!

    I like your list! Woody for Christmas. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that term "baby loaf" My youngest sleeps that way too. I also have to have my baths super hot. When I was pregnant hubs had to test it for me, because I don't know what's too hot anymore!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to know someone is listening!