So many kids, I don't know what to do.



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Some Things Can Never Be Lived Down

I want to tell you the end of this story first.

Here goes.

So, The Coach calls the doctor's office and nearly yells at the poor receptionist who answers the phone.  I can only hear his side of the conversation of course.

The Coach:  Hi.  My son has an appointment for next week, but is there any POSSIBLE way we can get him in earlier.  His arm smells like dead ass.

pause

The Coach:  Yes!  Dead ASS!

See what had happened was.  Ty broke his wrist.  And then it was summer and he went to spend a week with his dad.  At a beach house.  At the beach.

Did he let having a cast on his wrist stop him from surf fishing.  Oh heck no.

Ty hurt himself at baseball practice.  I got a call from the coach and after a lengthy explanation during which I am imaging a baseball to Ty's temporal lobe I finally got the point of the story.  Ty fell and needed to go to the ER because he may have broken his wrist.

Later after Ty returned home from the ER I noticed he had a sheepish look on his face.  So I asked, "Were you screwing around at practice."   He lied very poorly and said no.

Finally the story came out.

Ty was sitting on the wall of the dugout which is about four feet high.  On top of the wall was a short 2x4 that is not affixed to the wall.  There was a friend sitting to the right of him.  Ty lifted up his right butt cheek to aim gas at his friend. (Apparently this is something teen boys do.)  When he did the 2x4 tipped over and dumped him off the left end of the wall. 

Ty landed on his arm.  His reflexes may not be the quickest.

This was possibly the funniest story that I never actually got to tell people we knew.  Ty said no.
I did however tell my family.  My pesky brother has big plans to bring a whoopie cushion to the next family gathering.  He wants us to take turns sitting on it and then yelling out things like, "Ouch, my foot!"  We have low entertainment thresholds.

He did say I could write about the story since he figures there aren't many of your blog readers he actually knows.  So now you know...........my son broke his wrist farting.  Truly amazing.

 I went ahead and linked up.  One day I will talk about memories that do not revolve around injuries.

Once Upon a Miracle
   


Boobies, Babies, and a Blog


9 comments:

  1. LOL! Boys are amazing, aren't they? Son#2 broke his elbow tripping over his Daddy's big feet...on his way to the bathroom. That was the longest he ever had to hold it...it was about 4 hours before he finally got to go. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!
    I’m already following your neat blog from Following Me Back Tuesday. I want to wish you & your family a great autumn! Check out my new Facebook fan page with inspiring quotes.

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whoopee cushion bit make me laugh out loud. I can picture it now!

    My dad fell off of the toilet once and we had to call an ambulance. It's the funniest story I know, yet I can't seem to write it down and capture the funny. This combination of farting and bodily injury makes me want to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank god I have a girl!!

    That is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious! It's like a cautionary tale for boys everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just dying!!!

    That line, "my son broke his wrist farting" is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on a blog.

    Good Lord, my son is looking at me like I'm insane because I can.not.breathe right now.

    Thank you so much for linking up - this completely made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, make the pregnant lady pee herself from laughing! This was one of the funniest things I've read in quite a while -- I'm just dying here imagining the whole scenario! (And cringing a bit...I have a little boy & can almost foresee similar stories in our future, too). The line "My son broke his wrist farting" sends me into a fit of giggles every time I think of it! And the way that your family is going to kid him about it the next time everyone is all together is just priceless (and could have the potential to wind up being a future True Story Tuesday post!)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday -- I wish my son had even a tough of fear for stinging, flying insects in him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that is SO dang funny!!! Boys!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to know someone is listening!