To celebrate 250 lovely followers I am going to do a giveaway. (Bear with me. I have no idea what I am doing here.) I wanted to make one entry contigent upon a movie quiz. But I don't know how to hide your answers from each other.
SO, Just answer the darn quiz for fun, honors style and then leave me a comment telling me you follow and how many quiz questions you answered correctly. I will pick a random number on Tuesday morning as the winner of.........
..........A Starbucks GC - because I enjoy coffee. I enjoy coffee while I blog and so in a way, if you think about it, sometimes it is like chatting with ya'll over a cup of coffee. Except that I can't see you and you can't tell how many times I have gotten up to go to the bathroom. (If you don't live near a Starbucks you can pick something else.)
Here is the quiz part. Please tell me the movie the following lines came from. (These are my family's favorite lines and can be heard as a regular part of our conversations.) Deadline - Midnight Monday, July 5.
(Edit to correct numbering.)
1. "You shut your mouth when you're talking to me."
2. "If he gets up, we'll all get up. It'll be anarchy."
3. "Looks great...little full....lotta sap."
4. "In the morning, I'm making waffles!"
5. "Candlesticks make nice gift. Ok? Let's get two."
6. "Nooooo touchy."
7. "You'll shoot your eye out."
8. "I put in a dollar, I won a car. I put in a dollar, I won a car. I put in a dollar, I won a car."
9. "Why don't you make like a tree, and get out of here?"
10. "Why so serioussss?"
11. "You're killin' me, Smalls!"
Bonus** "Egypt? Easter, Easter Bunny, Easter parade........" (Ok. I don't think ANYONE will get this one and if someone does that person is officially as weird as my little brother.)
Answers are at the bottom of this post.I really appreciate everyone who has read and/or followed this blog, even those friends and family members who were forced. I also love reading all your smart and funny comments. Thanks you have made my foray into blogging such a blast.
1. Wedding Crashers
2. The Breakfast Club
3. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
5. Bull Durham (I don't know why I have 2 #4s.)
6. Emperor's New Groove
7. A Christmas Story
8. National Lampoons Vegas Vacation
9. Back to the Future
10. The Dark Knight
11. The Sandlot
** Bonus - My weird brother has so generously volunteered his copy of this movie as a prize for the first person who correctly identifies the quote. (It's used - just so you know.)
We don't have very sophisticated taste in movies do we? And one last thing, I had asked The Coach and the kids to suggest quotes and now I can't get them to QUIT saying the quotes. Oi vey!