So many kids, I don't know what to do.



Monday, April 19, 2010

Fasion Experiment #1 - Toussled Hair

My hair has no wave. It defies curl. Board like even. What I am trying to say here is that my hair is straight. Very, very straight. Except for the grey ones. Those ones are incredibly kinky. Hmm. Let's just not talk about that.

Before curls....and makeup....and blouse.

So, I have heard from several sources tousled, messy curls are going to be the new hair style soon. Ok, I only had two sources: my mom, and a ladies' magazine. I decided to experiment with the following method to give myself some sexy tousled curls.

First you take your curling iron and give yourself some spiral type curls. Then you take each curl and twirl it all the way up. Finally your form it into a circle on your head and use two bobby pins to secure the "roll". At this point you could spray a little hair spray. I didn't have any, so I skipped that step. Then you wait.



Curl.



Twirl.




Pin.

When you take down the "rolls" you just rake your fingers through them creating that tousled look.


Hmmmmm.

Outcome: I wouldn't say my hair was exactly toussled. It was fat. It was definitely different. I think this hairdo could have been improved with a smaller barrel curling iron, smaller twisted sections, and longer hair. As is always good fashion, if there is concern about something in the head area, just show more chest. So that is what I did.





Reactions: My husband studied the hairdo for quite some time and has declared the jury is still out. Because I decided (just now) that it is not much of an experiment if you don't leave the house with the fashion, I went tousled with The Coach to a friend's crawfish boil. Upon seeing me his coaching buddy exclaimed, "WHAT? Look at Heather's hair....like a ROCKSTAR!" I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. His wife said it looked good, but keep in mind she is extremely kind she would have totally lied to protect my feelings.

What do you think? And what do you think I should experiment with next?

One more thing. Tell me if you think it was poor parenting for me to practice on Saigie first.

3 comments:

  1. Judging from the ear to ear grin... she is not damaged too much! You guys are a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I love the picture of your daughter! My little girl has stick straight hair too. Really straight. I have no idea where that came from, but anyway, I can curl it with my CHI. Curling irons do not really work, it falls out too fast. But the CHI holds pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by and posting! and you are one brave woman to try new hair and take photos! i have nice think hair...meaning no body what so ever. i feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to know someone is listening!