1. I think Shaye's recent nose incident may be hereditary. Earlier today I went to get a bunch of sharpened pencils so my students could take a scantron test. (Remember those?) I dropped one and when I bent to pick it up I hit my elbow on the door frame. The upward motion of my arm and the simultaneous downward motion of my head presented the opportunity to shove several freshly sharpened pencils up my nose. Seriously. I had to wipe pencil marks off of my nose for the next ten minutes.
2. Last night I went to watch The Coach's baseball game. He was very cute in his uniform and his team clenched the district title. Every time I walk up into the stands at a game the same parent says the same thing, "We have to stop talking about the coach now." He does NOT smile when he says it. Can anyone suggest a comeback?
3. The babies have renewed their efforts to never be more than two feet from me. As a result of my clumsiness (see #1) I am constantly tripping over them, knocking them down, and stepping on their feet while I try to do laundry, cook dinner, and sweep. This week I decided to put an end to this clingyness and teach them to play without me. I have been sitting on the porch reading a book refusing to play with them. They have all their toys out there and they just stand and stare at me. I am not getting any reading done and they are not getting much playing done.
4. On the training front I noticed the other day that it seems just when I start to add up all the reasons I should quit: Soreness, old age, waking up early, lack of speed, expense, time, laziness, unclipping right on the bike and falling over to the left - I do something that renews my hope like run an easy two mile loop and then when I get home realize I ran that easy 2.2 mile loop in under twenty minutes. Then I can't wait to run again.
5. I officially got laid off of my summer school job. Yeah and Boo. Yeah because I can be vacation mom for the summer and go to the pool and insist everyone take a nap and have a messy house and no way to escape from the children. Boo because as I mentioned yesterday The Coach and I are going on a cruise this summer and The Coach has already told me we don't have enough money in the budget to pay for my wine, so I have to save up my own booze money. Ludicrous.
Yeah. I got nothing. What you got?