Here are some of my favorite events from Spring Break
These are just in the order the pictures loaded.
1. Shaye at the zoo. She was so excited by the goats it was hard to chase her and get a picture. This is the only time in the whole trip she wasn't busy eating all the snacks we packed. (There is no escaping genetics, huh Gramma?)
2. We enjoyed a Gospel Brunch in downtown Austin. I didn't realize it music conference time, but still had fun on 6th street. Ty HATED Sixth St. I may have to break it to him that there is no point going to UT if he hates Austin.
3. Speaking of Ty...on our third day of vacation he caught this 41.5 pound catfish. I am glad Tanner didn't
catch it as it would have pulled him overboard.
4. This is the hen house at the working farm at LBJ national park. My dad tried to collect some eggs and got pecked. The children thought it was hilarious/scary. The farm was really cool. It is run like it was still 1896. The rest of the park was LBJ's ranch. It was also fun to hear about my dad's experiences on a wheat and dairy farm in Oklahoma as a small boy.
5. This is Enchanted Rock in Fredricksburg, Tx. It is a .6 mile easy climb. Very fun. My dad and I took the oldest three kids on vacation as is our tradition every spring break. The babies are too little and The Coach has baseball. It is nice to get to spend some time with the big kids and Dad uninterrupted by poop, and crying. (I still feel a little bad sometimes though.)
6. Here are Dad and kids at the LBJ museum in Austin, Tx. It wasn't the best museum I have ever been too, but I am still glad I went.
7. Happy Shaye was introduced to Crunchberries. She seems to like them. Crunch berries are not a high fiber food. Maybe this is what led to answer C to #3. (Can you believe how big she is getting?)
8. This is Tayte working on that five minute sunburn only paper white redheads can achieve. I had just finished a 2.5 hour bike ride and Tayte asked me, "When you get done playing 'lay there' will you play chase with me?" Instead I played "track coach" it was awesome - until he thought it was his turn to be the coach and my turn to run.
In other news I also read a book. I remember when I used to do that four or five times a week. Luckily reading is like riding a bike and it is unlikely that a person would forget how.
I got a new pair of running shoes - Mizuno Wave Runners. I thought that switching over from the Aisics I have worn forever might miraculously cure my leg problems. We will see.
Have you had your Spring Break yet? What did you do? What was the best Spring Break you ever had??