So many kids, I don't know what to do.



Friday, October 29, 2010

Whoopie Cookies - Not so Much a Review

  I recently did a review for pumpkin ale.  It was yucky.  The beer, not the review.  The review was lovely. I decided after that it would be better to review things I already knew I liked.  For instance...pumpkin whoopie cookies. 

 So in review.  Pumpkin whoopie cookies are good.  Here's how ya get 'em.

First you have to have a good assistant.  One who will get off the phone with Gramma as soon as she asks her what the oven temp. should be.  Ahem.

 Then you mix 1/4 cup flour in a sauce pan with 3/4 cup milk and a pinch of salt.  Let it boil and then lower the heat and let it cook two more minutes.  Then put it in the fridge to cool off.

 Next you have to make the cookies.
Cream 1 cup shortening and 2 cups brown sugar

 Add 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla and beat thoroughly.

In a different bowl combine 31/2 cups flour, 11/2 tsp each baking powder and baking soda, 1 tsp each salt, cinnamon, and ginger.

Then take turns adding that and one cup of pumpkin filling to the shortening mixture.  Mix it all up and drop it by spoon fulls on a cookies sheet.  Bake at 400 for 10-11 minutes.


 Yum.
Next finish the filling.
Beat 2 cups confectioners sugar, 1 cup shortening, 2 tsp vanilla.  Add the chilled mixture to this and beat for SEVEN minutes.
 I got bored while I was beating, and beating and beating and started taking pictures.  My wine was out of reach.  Darn.

 Finally when the filling is all beat up you spread some on a cookie and top it with another cookie.  Makes two dozen finished cookies.
Yum.
 Then you look at the kitchen sink and yell, "Not it!" and go to bed.  And get banned from baking for the next six months.

Oops.
These cookies are probably not good for you an if you give them to your kids after dinner they may get all excited and never to to sleep.  Don't say I didn't warn you.


                                                               The Life of  Sippy Cup Mom


                                                                        Supermom


                                                                     Toddler Awesome

P.S. Go on over to my last post and guess what is unusual about the picture of The Coach.  What ever random guess you give will enter you in the contest.

2 comments:

  1. The only trouble is that when I yell "not it" those dishes just stay there until I am "it".

    It's a problem.

    ReplyDelete

I always like to know someone is listening!