So many kids, I don't know what to do.



Sunday, October 17, 2010

Help Me, Rhonda!

Or anyone. Your name doesn't need to be Rhonda.

I need a pair of skinny jeans.  Sounds easy enough, but I am not skinny.  It's ok.  I am fine with that. 
I have junk in my trunk, but I want a pair of jeans I can wear my boots OVER.  The only kind I currently own are boot cut and I can't wear my boots on the outside.

My needs are this.
Skinny at least on the calf so I can wear boots.
Not so low waisted that I moon people when I bend over to tie the kids' shoes or change a diaper.
I would rather the butt not be so tight that you can see the seam imprints on my skin when I take them off.
Also I don't want them so tight I get the butt smushing effect.
And, I don't want to pay more than about 40.00 dollars for them!  (Sorry.  I love clothes, but I do not like to pay so much for them I am going to cry when (not if) I spill something on them.)

So, if you know a brand that works well for you and and you are curvy please let me know. 

I hope this speeds up the process so I can find a pair of jeans to wear with boots before it goes out of style.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been jeans shopping this year, so I don't know what's out there. Have you considered taking a pair of your boot cut jeans and tapering the legs? It's really easy. Just turn them inside out and stitch. Try them on for fit, trim the seam, and zig-zag the edges or coat with fray-check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about leggings that look like jeans? (I refuse to use their *real* name {shudder}. Nordstrom online had some great ones.

    I'd check out Seven, NYDJ, and Loft.

    I just bought some won't-mention-real-name leggings and they're very nice. Can't remember the name right now and hubs is in loft asleep with said leggings. :)

    Check out these two blogs for help also. Great Budgetneesta ideas.

    http://www.thebudgetbabe.com/

    http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gap has great stuff as well. If you catch them on sale or with a coupon they'll be in your budget too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of jean leggings and they're FAB! Mine are from AE and all I can say is order a size up for a better fit. They do tend to be a bit low rise (although I think they have other rises, I just like mine low). I hear Kohl's and Target has a selection too but I've yet to look. I like my AmericanEagle ones:)

    ReplyDelete

I always like to know someone is listening!