I am joining Tuesday Tag Along at Twee Poppets. Stop by if you get the chance.
Summer weather is closing in on us in Texas. We have over 90 degree temps all week last week. I will not complain because I hate the cold. I just thought I would show these indications summer is near.
1. Slicked up kid - I have seen Tayte burn in fifteen minutes flat. In FEBRUARY. I am not taking any chances, so this red head is slicked up with suncreen. (I just decided we are walking to the pool..this will leave a grease spot on the car seat.)
2. Fishing. Nothing says summer like fishing. Ty can fish for hours at a time. He is looking forward to spending time at Gramma's house this summer feeding the fish all her bologna. (We tie the same (dead) fish to Tayte's line and just let him catch it over and over.)
3. Barbeque. It just isn't summer without a lot of back yard grilling. I really don't know what cooking method Grampa is teaching Saigie here that involves a nine iron. Whatever.
4. Freckles. I love the way Tan-Man's freckles multiply exponentially during the summer. By August he won't even be tranparent any more.
5. Flip Flops - Tayte got these for Easter. I had no idea they would be such a hit. He loves them. Even though they are wearing a blister on his little pale foot.
6. Farmer's Tan - This is my kid who actually tans. Days of fishing have achieved this look.
This is my kid who burns and freckles. Aren't genetics a bummer?
7. Sundresses - Shaye Baby is modeling the lastest in baby sun dresses and teeth!
8. Dead plants - As pictured before. I didn't inherit my mom's knack for plants. When it is 90 degrees outside it turns out they need water . Who knew?
9. Coping mechanism for the last weeks of school. KIDDING. I was not responsible for this. I don't know who was, but this was in my dad's gun room. Yes, he keeps his firearms and his booze in the same room. Yes. We do live in Texas. Why do you ask?
(Anyone want to take a guess on how much more mileage I can get out of this picture? )
So?? What says summer to you?