So many kids, I don't know what to do.



Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'd Like to Thank the Academy

Hey.
I was so fortunate to get a couple of awards this week. And I was shocked. Which is why it has taken me so long to respond. That and .....I'm shy and I have little to say. Ok. That last part was just a lie.

First I got the Sweet Blogger Award from Lemons to Lemonade. (She just "met" me she doesn't know me that well. And that is what I like in a new friend.) I am supposed to pass this award on to ten other bloggers.

I was also given the Versatile Blogger Award from Peggy at Look at it as an Adventure. The rules of this one are that I am supposed to share seven things about me and then pass the award on the fifteen bloggers.

I feel bad I haven't taken care of this sooner, but I am new and I don't know a bunch of bloggers, so....since I am a slacker I am doing a two in one.

Here are my seven things.
1. I like to grocery shop. I use coupons and sales and a list and everything.
2. I am a bad driver. No.....scratch that. I drive with people who have no sense of adventure.
3. One time when I was single and broke my electricity got cut off for three days. I told the kids to pretend we were camping. One of them went to school and told the class we didn't have any light so we were camping and it was FUN.
4. I met The Coach when I was a server trainer and trained him at the resturant where we worked. I am five years older than him.
5. I am addicted to the t.v. show - What Not To Wear.
6. I am a history nerd and I drag my kids to presidential libraries whenever I get the chance.
7. We are moving to a new house in July. No kids will be living in the dining room in that house.

Ok. Now for the passing along.
I don't know 25 other bloggers so I am going to pass my two for one award on to the following people. (Also I can't make the button work so I am just going to type the word - BUTTON - and they can do the same. )
So.........the award goes to

1. Elizabeth at Exerpts from the Mind of Elizabeth Downie
2. Joann at Laundry Hurts My Feelings.
3. It Feels Like Chaos

So go read their blogs because they are sweet and funny.
And please forgive me for being a bad award passer onner.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you so much! It is truly an honor when one of my peers sends some love my way. I have a little page with my awards on it and I am SOOO going to just write in big-ass caps BUTTON, with a big thank you to you underneath it. It will be my favorite award.

    I'm even worse. Some wonderful, wonderful blogger last week gave me an award and for the life of me, I can't remember who it was and I forgot to grab it from them and they're probably like, "What a bitch!" But, I'm not because I am really grateful, I'm just also really forgetful.

    And sorry about the cussing. I probably shouldn't do that on people's blogs especially when I'm staring right at that cutie Tayte's picture. So sorry about that.

    And I am also an excellent driver like Rain Man. It is only the scaredy cats who drive with me that think otherwise.

    Thanks again. I'll remember the BUTTON this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I put up your award and the BUTTON rocks! Check it out when you have a chance. On my sidebar, there's a little link for blog awards. I designed it special and everything. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure and go to the most recent post at Texas-Blogging Gals to get in on the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just so funny!!! I love what you said about other people having no sense of adventure relative to your driving! LOL

    Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you made me feel better about when I got the award...My daughter had to help me do the button thing...(thank goodness she was home:) and it is hard coming up with more bloggers when we are new at it... I totally understand:)
    But I did enjoy getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just got here from follow friday! cute blog.

    ReplyDelete

I always like to know someone is listening!